Introduction to Working in Childcare Beginners’ Course
This course will enable you to develop an understanding of the knowledge, skills and experience required to start your first steps to working as a childcare or nursery assistant in an early years setting.
This course provides an understanding of the basic skills needed to care for a baby or young child, including setting a routine, healthy lifestyles and the importance of play and learning. The course is studied online enabling you to benefit from flexible study, at a time and pace suitable for your own needs. You will be supported online by experienced tutors who will help to guide you through your learning programme. Full training will be given to enable you to access the learning experiences provided online.
Who is this course for?
Units / Modules
You will study a range of different topics including:
- The importance of play
- Healthy lifestyles
- Keeping children safe
- Routines for children
Benefits / Skills
Benefits of this programme include:
- Flexible online delivery.
- Suitable for adult learners looking to gain or refresh skills.
- Provides a stepping stone for a childcare career.
- Progression support and signposting to further study.
- Flexible learning - study at a time and pace suitable for your own needs
- A foundation for progression onto further vocational study
- Support from experienced tutors with industry experience
- Develop wider skills in using technology through online learning activities
- Gain confidence in your English and maths skills
Career ProgressionProgression may include Certificate in Caring for Children Entry 3.
First Steps to Working in a School
This course will enable you to develop an understanding of the knowledge, skills and experience required to start your first steps to working as a tea...More info
Childcare Assistant Framework
At present, schools and nurseries are not taking volunteers due to Covid-19 restrictions, therefore it is currently not possible to meet the workplace...More info
Health and Social Care Level 1
This unaccredited part-time programme will introduce you to the care sector....More info
4 sessions (10-20 total hours)
Course Fee (Adult)
£362 plus exam fee of £66 You may be entitled to support with fees. Click here for more info.
Flexible online learning
Understand the roles and responsibilities of the childcare/nursery assistant
No experience required