Introduction to Counselling
This course is an introduction to initial counselling skills and will improve students’ effectiveness and understanding when working with others. The course will also cover personal development and self-care.
- To encourage continuing personal development and self- care.
- To develop knowledge of basic approaches to counselling.
Completion of a portfolio. In house college certificate.
Who is this course for?
Units / Modules
- THE NATURE OF COUNSELLING
- SELF CONCEPTS - AWARENESS
- THEORIES PERSONALITY- CARL ROGERS
- LISTENING & RESPONDING SKILLS
- OTHER THEORIES- CBT - ELLIS
Benefits / Skills
- Improve your communication skills
- Develop skills to better understand yourself and others
- Improve your wellbeing
Career ProgressionCounselling Certificate Level 2
Counselling Concepts ABC Award | Level 2
This course is an introduction to initial counselling skills and will improve students’ effectiveness and understanding when working with others. Th...More info
Health and Social Care Introduction
Are you hoping to start a career in the rewarding health and social care sector? This course will provide you with an introduction to the skills, qual...More info
Health and Social Care Level 1
This unaccredited part-time programme will introduce you to the care sector....More info
Your start date will be one of the following, depending on which location you attend: