Independent and Life Skills
Designed for students with learning difficulties and disabilities, this course develops individual living skills. With a strong focus on independent living, the programme is based at our Joseph Priestley Centre where students can learn in our flat kitchen facilities as well as using the college-run house in the community. As you work through the course, you will improve your English and maths skills as well as your computer knowledge. You will also improve your personal and social skills ready for later life. You will be encouraged to keep a portfolio of your work and achievements which can lead to certification where appropriate.
Who is this course for?
Benefits / Skills
- Practical support with English and maths.
- Knowledge of using computers.
- An improvement in your communication skills.
- Personal and social development.
- Access to sport and social activities.
- Encouragement with enrichment, hobbies, and interests.
Register Your Interest in Independent and Life Skills