First Steps to Working in a School
This course will enable you to develop an understanding of the knowledge, skills and experience required to start your first steps to working as a teaching assistant in a primary or secondary school.
Who is this course for?
Units / Modules
You will study a range of different topics including:
- Understanding different types of schools
- The qualities and skills for working with children and young people
- The role of the teaching assistant
- Communicating effectively with children and young
Benefits / Skills
- Flexible learning - study at a time and pace suitable for your own needs
- A foundation for progression onto further study
- Support from experienced tutors with industry experience
- Develop wider skills in using technology through online learning activities
- Gain confidence in your English and maths skills
Career ProgressionProgression may include Preparing to Work in Schools Award Level 1.
Childcare Assistant Framework
At present, schools and nurseries are not taking volunteers due to Covid-19 restrictions, therefore it is currently not possible to meet the workplace...More info
Introduction to Working in Childcare Beginners’ Course
This course will enable you to develop an understanding of the knowledge, skills and experience required to start your first steps to working as a chi...More info
Health and Social Care Level 1
This unaccredited part-time programme will introduce you to the care sector....More info
Course Fee (Adult)
£362 plus exam fee of £66 You may be entitled to support with fees. Click here for more info.
Flexible online learning
Understand the roles and responsibilities of the teaching assistant in a school
No experience required