European Computer Driving License (ECDL) Essentials IT User Skills (ITQ) Level 1
ECDL Essentials Level 1 is ideal for computer beginners and provides a foundation to progress on to ECDL Extra Level 2.
ECDL is recognised by employers across the globe as the benchmark in digital and IT skills. This course is an excellent introduction to the world of technology, covering content for beginners including getting started on a computer, emailing and the internet. This programme has a particular focus on how they are used safely and productively.
The course will run over 10 weeks and will be around 6 hours per week in the daytime or evening. Please enquire for specific details by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Start date: 28/09/20 and 11/01/21
Assessment types: Online assessments and exams.
Who is this course for?
Units / Modules
- IT User Fundamentals
- Using Email and the Internet
- IT Security for Users
Benefits / Skills
- ECDL is the world’s number one IT user qualification with over 15 million programmes delivered worldwide.
- This course will help you grow in confidence and unlock the full potential of your computer.
- Skills you will gain during this programme are widely used in the workplace and you will gain competency around efficient computer skills.
- This programme is mainly delivered online and can be completed at home with regular formal contact with your tutor twice per week.
Progression may include ECDL Level 2 Extra short course, including modules such as word processing, spreadsheets and improving IT productivity, all of which are key employability skills.
Progression may also include IT User City & Guilds Level 2 short course, including modules that build on your ECDL Essential Level 1 knowledge of improving productivity, setting up an IT system and IT security.
Gateway Level 1 Essential Digital Skills
The Essential Digital Skills qualification is designed by the government to upskill adults in basic digital literacy, filling gaps that exist acro...More info
ECDL Level 1 (IT)
Are you ready to improve your IT skills? We have a range of part-time IT classes to suit your needs. We run a variety of classes in a workshop environ...More info
Computer Science BTEC Introductory Certificate Level 1
Gain a thorough introduction to IT with our elementary programme. You’ll gain plenty of technical knowledge such as developing digital information a...More info
10 weeks (6 hours per week)
Course Fee (16-18)