Digital and IT Employability Skills Pathway Level 2
The Digital and IT Employability Skills Pathway Level 2 focusses on developing in-demand skills that are essential for progressing within the sector.
You will work in a team to develop problem solving, critical thinking and leadership skills through a range of industry-specific activities including website building, coding and programming robots. You will study emerging technology, such as virtual reality and drone technology, and practice building and taking apart computers.
The course will run over 33 weeks and will be around 6 hours per week in the daytime. Please enquire for specific details by emailing Rob.Whitehead@leedscitycollege.ac.uk.
- Professional discussions.
- Practical demonstrations.
Who is this course for?
Units / Modules
- IT Software Fundamentals and Emerging Technologies
- Website Software and Building Websites
- Group and Team Work Communication Skills
- Problem Solving Through Coding and Robotics
- Critical Thinking and Computer Components
- Leadership Skills
- Developing Personal Study Skills
Benefits / Skills
- This qualification will help you grow in confidence and increase your knowledge of the digital and IT landscape.
- Skills you will gain during the course are widely used in the workplace and you will gain competency around sector-specific skills and practices.
- This course will be delivered using a blended approach, which is a combination of classroom and online learning.
Two GCSEs at grade 3 or above, including English and maths.
It is suggested that learners complete the ECDL Essentials Level 1 short course before progressing on to this course.
Career ProgressionProgression may include Access to HE Computing Level 3 to develop sector-specific skills in digital, IT and computer science.
Maths Functional Skills Level 2
Maths Functional Skills Level 2 is the ideal qualification to study if you are wanting to progress onto an apprenticeship or further your prospect...More info
English Functional Skills Level 2
English Functional Skills Level 2 is the ideal qualification to study if you are wanting to progress onto an apprenticeship or further your prospe...More info
Employability and Enterprise BTEC Award Level 2
Whether you want to go on to further study or gain employment, you will expand your enterprise and employability skills to help you take those next st...More info
Course Fee (16-18)