Childcare Assistant Framework
At present, schools and nurseries are not taking volunteers due to Covid-19 restrictions, therefore it is currently not possible to meet the workplace requirements for vocational qualifications. In response to this, we have created an exciting framework of knowledge-based qualifications that you will study online. The framework enables you to develop an understanding of the knowledge, skills and experience required to work as a childcare or nursery assistant in an early years setting.
Who is this course for?
Units / Modules
You will study a range of different topics including:
- Supporting child development
- The importance of play
- Respecting and valuing children
- Safeguarding and prevent
- Health and safety in the workplace
- Communicating with children
Benefits / Skills
- Flexible learning - study at a time and pace suitable for your own needs
- Accredited qualifications to enhance your CV
- A foundation for progression onto further vocational study
- Support from experienced tutors with industry experience
- Develop wider skills in using technology through online learning activities
- Gain confidence in your English and maths skills
Career ProgressionProgression may include Early Years Practitioner Diploma Level 2. All students progressing onto vocational qualifications will need an enhanced DBS.
First Steps to Working in a School
This course will enable you to develop an understanding of the knowledge, skills and experience required to start your first steps to working as a tea...More info
Introduction to Working in Childcare Beginners’ Course
This course will enable you to develop an understanding of the knowledge, skills and experience required to start your first steps to working as a chi...More info
Childcare Level 2
This part-time programme provides you with the underpinning knowledge needed to work in an early years setting. You will learn how to review your ...More info
Course Fee (Adult)
£861 plus exam fee of £100 You may be entitled to support with fees. Click here for more info.
Flexible online learning
Understand the roles and responsibilities of the childcare/nursery assistant
No experience required