CACHE Pathway 8 – Level 3 Teaching Assistant – Diploma in Supporting Teaching and Learning – Beeston
This qualification provides learners with an in-depth understanding of the knowledge and skills needed when working directly with children and young people in school and college environments. It covers all aspects of specialist support including planning, delivering and reviewing assessment strategies to support learning alongside the teacher; bilingual support; special needs support; and personal development and reflective practice.
Units / Modules
Learners will study:
- How to Support Learning Activities
- Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
- How to Support Maths, English and ICT
- How to Promote Speech, Language and Communication
- Assessment for Learning
- Safeguarding and Prevent
- How to Support Bilingual Pupils
- The Importance of Play and Leisure for Children’s Learning
Learners complete a portfolio of evidence. Assessment is ongoing throughout the programme using a range of assessment methods including case studies, written reflections, project work and written questions.
- It is helpful to have completed a Level 2 qualification in a related subject.
- Paid/Voluntary Work in a School or College 1 day per week.
- Literacy Level 1 or above.
Learners can develop their knowledge and understanding of supporting children with Special Educational Needs
- Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Autism Level 2 Certificate in
Understanding Children and Young People’s Mental Health Level 2 Certificate in
Understanding Specific Learning Difficulties