CACHE Pathway 7 – Level 2 Childcare Diploma for the Early Years Practitioner (Online)
The aim of this qualification is to provide learners with the knowledge and understanding of babies and young children from birth to7 years of age with applied knowledge in the early years, 0-5 years. The qualification content meets the Department for Education’s (DfE) Level 2 full and relevant criteria for a Level 2 Early Years Practitioner in the workforce.
The Pathway develops your understanding of the roles and responsibilities of the nursery/childcare assistant. You will learn about supporting children’s development and learning, how to safeguard the wellbeing of children.
The Pathway consists of:
- NCFE/CACHELevel 2 Diploma for the Early Years Practitioner
- NCFE/CACHE Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Childhood Illness
Who is this course for?
Units / Modules
- Roles and responsibilities of the Early Years Practitioner
- Health and safety of babies and young children in the early years
- Equality, diversity and inclusive practice in Early Years Settings
- Safeguarding, protection and welfare of babies and young children in Early Years Settings
- Understand how to support children’s development
- Support care routines for babies and young children
- Support the planning and delivery of activities, purposeful play opportunities and educational programmes
- Promote play in an Early Years Setting
- Support well-being of babies and young children for healthy lifestyle
- Support babies and young children to be physically active
- Support the needs of babies and young children with Special Educational Needs and Disability
- Promote positive behaviour in Early Years Settings
Benefits / Skills
- Online or face to face
- Accredited qualifications required to obtain employment in the sector.
- A foundation for progression onto further vocational study
- Support from experienced tutors with industry experience
- Develop wider skills in using technology through online learning activities
- Gain confidence in your English and maths skills
Voluntary or paid work in an Early years setting.
Full enhanced DBS ( we can organise this for you)
Literacy level 1 or above.
This qualification allows a learner to count towards the Level 2 ratio as a qualified Level 2 Early Years Practitioner across the Early Years Workforce.
Learners may work under supervision in a variety of roles such as:
- nursery practitioner
- classroom assistant
- pre-school practitioner
Learners may progress to level 3 Diploma for the Early Years Workforce (EYE).
36 weeks- half day a week
18 weeks full day a week
Course Fee (16-18)
Available to study online or face to face
Experienced teachers of adult learners
Licence to Practice for EYP