CACHE Pathway 5 – Level 1 Childcare – Preparing to working in Early Years – Deacon House
We have created an exciting Pathway of knowledge-based qualifications that you will study online. The Pathway enables you to develop an understanding of the knowledge, skills and experience required to work as a childcare or nursery assistant in an early years setting.
The Pathway develops your understanding of the roles and responsibilities of
the nursery/childcare assistant. You will learn about supporting children’s
development and learning, how to safeguard the wellbeing of children and young
people and health and safety policies and procedures. Full training will be
given to enable you to access the learning experiences provided online.
The Pathway consists of:
- NCFE/CACHE Level 1 Diploma in Caring for Children
- NCFE CACHE LEVEL 1 Award in Understanding Safeguarding in Education and
- City and Guilds Entry level Employability – Preparing to Volunteer
Who is this course for?
Units / Modules
You will study a range of different topics including:
- Supporting child development
- The importance of play
- Respecting and valuing children
- Safeguarding and prevent
- Health and safety in the workplace
- Communicating with children
Benefits / Skills
- Accredited qualifications to enhance your CV
- A foundation for progression onto further vocational study
- Support from experienced tutors with industry experience
- Develop wider skills in using technology through online learning activities
- Gain confidence in your English and maths skills
Career ProgressionProgression may include Early Years Practitioner Diploma Level 2. All students progressing onto vocational qualifications will need an enhanced DBS and voluntary experience in an Early Years setting.
Course Fee (16-18)
Online learning or face to face classes
Understand the roles and responsibilities of the childcare/nursery assistant
No experience required