CACHE Pathway 13 – Level 2 Certificate – Working with Individuals with Learning Disabilities – Deacon House
This qualification aims to give learners knowledge and understanding to work
with individuals with learning disabilities or difficulties. They will explore
the principles of safeguarding and positive risk-taking and gain awareness of
the autistic spectrum.
This qualification aims to give learners knowledge and understanding to work with individuals with learning disabilities or difficulties. They will explore the principles of safeguarding and positive risk-taking and gain awareness of the autistic spectrum.
This qualification can be used by a wide range of learners looking to improve
their knowledge and awareness of individuals with learning disabilities. The
course is studied online, enabling you to benefit from flexible study at a time
and pace suitable for your own needs.
You will gain a valuable qualification which will enhance your CV and future
career opportunities. You will be supported online by experienced tutors who
will help to guide you through your learning programme. Full training will be
given to enable you to access the learning experiences provided
Who is this course for?
The course is suitable for learners who provide direct support (including parents and carers) and those working in sectors such as education, social care, healthcare, leisure and entertainment.
Units / Modules
To be awarded the Level 2 Certificate in Principles of Working with Individuals with Learning Disabilities, learners are required to successfully complete 6 mandatory units:
- Unit 01 Understand the context of supporting individuals with learning disabilities
- Unit 02 Principles of safeguarding and protection in health and social care
- Unit 03 Introduction to personalisation in social care
- Unit 04 Principles of positive risk-taking for individuals with disabilities
- Unit 05 Introductory awareness of Autistic Spectrum Conditions
- Unit 06 Principles of supporting individuals with a learning disability to access healthcare
Benefits / Skills
- Flexible learning - study at a time and pace suitable for your own needs
- Accredited qualification to enhance your CV
- Greater awareness of how to support individuals with specific learning disabilities
- A foundation for progression onto further study in special educational needs
- Support from experienced tutors with industry experience
- Develop wider skills in using technology through online learning activities
Learners must complete a portfolio of evidence. There is also continuous assessment which includes written tasks and activities, case studies and project work.
- Aged 19+
- There are no formal entry or experience requirements, however you will need to be at Level 1 for literacy
- Understanding Autism Level 2
- Understanding Specific Learning Difficulties Level 2
- Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools Certificate Level 2 and 3
- Children and Young People’s Workforce Diploma Level 2 and 3
Course Fee (16-18)
Flexible online learning
Understanding the principles of supporting individuals with learning disabilities
No experience required