CACHE Pathway 11 – Level 2 Certificate in Autism (Deacon House)
This qualification is studied online and aims to develop learners’ understanding of autism and the principles of supporting individuals with autism.
The course will look at the influence of positive communication methods, how to support positive behaviour and how individuals with autism can be supported to live healthy and fulfilled lives using a person-centred care approach.
The course is studied online, enabling you to benefit from flexible study at a time and pace suitable for your own needs. You will be supported online by experienced tutors who will help to guide you through your learning programme. Full training will be given to enable you to access the learning experiences provided online.
Who is this course for?
Units / Modules
You will study a range of different topics including:
- Understanding autism
- Communication and social interaction
- Using person-centred approaches to support individuals with autism
- Sensory processing, perception and cognition
- Supporting positive behaviour in individuals with autism
Benefits / Skills
- Flexible learning - study at a time and pace suitable for your own needs
- Accredited qualification to enhance your CV
- Greater awareness of how to support individuals with autism
- A foundation for progression onto further study in special educational needs
- Support from experienced tutors with industry experience
- Develop wider skills in using technology through online learning activities
Progression may include:
- Certificate in Autism Level 3
- Understanding Specific Learning Difficulties Level 2
- Understanding Children and Young People’s Mental Health Level 2
- Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools Certificate Level 2 and 3
- Children and Young People’s Workforce Diploma Level 2 and 3
Course Fee (16-18)
Flexible online learning
Understanding the principles of supporting individuals with autism
No experience required