CACHE Pathway 1 – First Steps to Working as a Teaching Assistant – Online
This course will enable you to develop an understanding of the knowledge, skills and experience required to start your first steps to working as a teaching assistant in a primary or secondary school or college.
This course provides an understanding of the basic skills needed to support
children and young people’s learning in schools. It covers the qualities and
skills required for working with children and young people and the different
types of schools.
The course is studied online, enabling you to benefit from flexible study at
a time and pace suitable for your own needs or face to face in a variety of
venues. You will be supported online by experienced tutors who will help to
guide you through your learning programme.
Units / Modules
You will study a range of different topics including:
- Understanding different types of schools
- The qualities and skills for working with children and young people
- The role of the teaching assistant
- Communicating effectively with children and young people
Benefits / Skills
- Flexible learning - study at a time and pace suitable for your own needs
- A foundation for progression onto further study
- Support from experienced tutors with industry experience
- Develop wider skills in using technology through online learning activities
- Gain confidence in your English and maths skills
Career ProgressionProgression may include Preparing to Work in Schools Award Level 1.
Course Fee (16-18)
Online or face to face delivery
Understand the roles and responsibilities of the teaching assistant in a school
Suitable for beginners