L2 Certificate in the Principles of End of Life Care
This qualification aims to assist learners to develop their knowledge and understanding of the principles of end of life care. The duration of the course is 6-12 weeks.
This qualification aims to develop the learner’s knowledge and understanding of:
- how to work in end of life care
- the support needed to manage pain and discomfort
- how dementia impacts on end of life care
- the role of the care worker in time of death
- the loss and grief process
Who is this course for?
Units / Modules
To be awarded the Level 2 Certificate in the Principles of Dementia Care learners are required to successfully complete 7 mandatory units:
This qualification consists of 6 mandatory units:
- Unit 01 Understand how to work in end of life care
- Unit 02 Care planning in end of life care
- Unit 03 Understand how to provide support to manage pain and discomfort
- Unit 04 End of life care and dementia
- Unit 05 Understanding the role of the care worker in time of death
- Unit 06 Understand loss and grief in end of life care.
There is no grading for this qualification.
Benefits / Skills
To achieve the Level 2 Certificate in the Principles of Dementia Care, learners must successfully demonstrate their achievement of all learning outcomes and assessment criteria of the chosen units.
The qualification aims to help you develop your underpinning knowledge and understanding to support your role working with people with dementia.
This qualification supports progression to employment and progression within employment for the following job roles and workers:
- care assistant or worker
- personal care assistant
- adult social care relief team worker
- night care assistant
- support worker (supported living)
- key workers in residential/domiciliary/day care settings
- palliative care hospice worker
- home care support worker
- re-enablement worker
- healthcare support service worker
- clinical healthcare support worker
- healthcare assistant
- bereavement support worker.
The qualification supports progression to further learning in the following areas: Horizontal progression into, for example:
- Level 2 Diploma in Adult Care
- Level 2 Diploma in Healthcare Support
- Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Working with People with Mental Health Needs
- Level 2 Certificate in Awareness of Mental Health Problems
- Level 2 Certificate in Principles of Working with Individuals with Learning Disabilities
- Adult Care Worker Apprenticeship
- Healthcare Support Worker Apprenticeship
Vertical progression into, for example:
- Level 3 Diploma in Adult Care
- Level 3 Diploma in Healthcare Support
- Level 3 Certificate in the Principles of End of Life Care
- Level 3 Certificate in Stroke Care Management
- Lead Adult Care Worker Apprenticeship
- Senior Healthcare Support Worker Apprenticeship
Level 2 Certificate in Awareness of Mental Health Problems
This qualification is designed for any learner that wants to raise their awareness of mental health and the problems that can cause mental health prob...More info
Preparing to Work in Adult Social Care CACHE Certificate Level 2
Advance your career with this specialist programme. You will develop your understanding of safeguarding and protection to ensure the welfare of your p...More info
Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Autism
This qualification aims to develop learners’ understanding of autism and the principles of supporting individuals with autism....More info
The qualification is supported by employers in the Health and Social Care sector.