BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in Fashion and Editorial Photography
Do you see yourself in a studio surrounded by exceptionally talented people, and all of those people are depending on you? Could you follow in the footsteps of Fashion's greatest photographers? Bailey, Knight, Avadon, Testino, von unsworth, Hanson? Do you dream of seeing your work published in the most prestigious fashion magazines, websites and billboards?
Our Fashion Photography course is specifically designed to give you all of the photographic skills, knowledge and understanding required to work in the fashion photography industry. You will be taught by highly experienced fashion photographers who are now teachers.
Who is this course for?
Units / Modules
- Contextual studies including history and contemporary practice
- Fundamental skills in visual language
- Narrative in fashion photography
- Studio and location lighting
- Fashion moving image and video editing
- Digital retouching
- Layout design for books, magazines and portfolios
- Personal branding and website design
Benefits / Skills
- Produce work for live clients
- Develop fundamental technical skills
- Develop idea generation and problem solving
- Knowledge of industry standard equipment and software
- Develop an understanding of the routes into the industry
- Knowledge of professional practices and project management
- Develop key communication skills
- Gain valuable work experience
- Website and brand building
- Develop analytical and reflective skills
On top of all of the above, we also ensure we include numerous industry visits and excursions during the year.
Career ProgressionProgression may include degree level study or relevant employment.
ART AND DESIGN BTEC DIPLOMA/EXTENDED DIPLOMA LEVEL 3
Define your own aesthetic with this exciting programme. You will deepen your knowledge of art processes such as painting, printmaking, drawing, te...More info
FASHION AND TEXTILES BTEC DIPLOMA/EXTENDED DIPLOMA LEVEL 3
Be your own label with this tactile programme. You will explore a range of techniques such as embroidery, dyeing, layering, cutwork, pleating, gatheri...More info
PHOTOGRAPHY BTEC DIPLOMA/EXTENDED DIPLOMA LEVEL 3
Capture your creative vision with this programme. You will work in a studio and shoot at locations to create imagery. You’ll gain knowledge of advan...More info
1 year Diploma
1 year Top-up Extended Diploma
Course Fee (16-18)
Did you know: 35% of current jobs in the photography industry involve fashion photography?