BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in Fashion and Editorial Photography
Do you see yourself in a studio surrounded by exceptionally talented people, and all of those people are depending on you? Could you follow in the footsteps of Fashion's greatest photographers? Bailey, Knight, Avadon, Testino, von unsworth, Hanson? Do you dream of seeing your work published in the most prestigious fashion magazines, websites and billboards?
Who is this course for?
Units / Modules
- The history of fashion photography
- The future of fashion photography
- Using and understanding SLR, DSLR, Mirrorless cameras and Smart phone photpgraphy
- Fashion, Editorial and Portrait storytelling
- Studio Lighting
- Location Photography and location lighting
- Digital moving image
- Digital image editing, retouching & video editing
- Smartphone image editing apps
- Digital Publishing & printing
Benefits / Skills
We run our own photography business of which you will be an integral part. Within this, you will learn whilst working as a fashion photographer.
In addition to this, you will also have the opportunity to:
- Work in collaboration with others in the industry
- Work with agencies
- Working as a staff photographer or freelancer
- Gain valuable work experience
On top of all of the above, we also ensure we include numerous industry visits and excursions during the year.
Career ProgressionProgression may include degree level study or relevant employment.
PHOTOGRAPHY BTEC DIPLOMA/EXTENDED DIPLOMA LEVEL 3
Capture your creative vision with this programme. You will work in a studio and shoot at locations to create imagery. You’ll gain knowledge of advan...More info
ART AND DESIGN BTEC DIPLOMA/EXTENDED DIPLOMA LEVEL 3
Define your own aesthetic with this exciting programme. You will deepen your knowledge of art processes such as painting, printmaking, drawing, textil...More info
FASHION AND TEXTILES BTEC DIPLOMA/EXTENDED DIPLOMA LEVEL 3
Be your own label with this tactile programme. You will explore a range of techniques such as embroidery, dyeing, layering, cutwork, pleating, gatheri...More info
1 year Diploma
1 year Top-up Extended Diploma
Course Fee (16-18)
Did you know: 35% of current jobs in the photography industry involve fashion photography?