BTEC Level 2 Technical Diploma in Animal Care
Take your practical skills and knowledge to the next level with this course. You will learn how to maintain animals’ health and wellbeing. You will also learn to prepare feed, and select accommodation that is appropriate for the needs of different animals.
This 1 year BTEC qualification is taught at Temple Newsam home farm in our industry standard facilities. The course will include both practical and theory elements assessed using a variety of methods.
This course is assessed by practical assessments, internally set assignments and externally set tasks.
Who is this course for?
Units / Modules
This course include modules but not limited to:
- Practical animal health
- Introduction to biology and animal health
- Work placement
- Animal welfare
- Animal behaviour assessment and safe handling
- Feeding, accommodation and movement of animals
Benefits / Skills
- Prepare and provide feed and water for animals.
- Select and prepare accommodation tailored to animals’ needs.
- Clean and maintain animal enclosures.
- Safely control and restrain animals minimising risk to you and the animal.
- Academic skills preparing you for further study
Career ProgressionProgression may include a level 3 qualification or relevant employment.
BTEC Level 3 National Foundation Diploma in Animal Management
Practical Animal Care Skills ABC Certificate Level 3
Unlock the advanced animal care skills obtained from this course. You will deepen your understanding of animals, evaluating feeding plans and regimes....More info
Practical Animal Care (ABC) Certificate Level 2
Take your practical skills and knowledge to the next level with this course. You will learn how to maintain animals’ health and wellbeing. You will ...More info
Course Fee (16-18)
Certified by BTEC
Taught by industry professionals
Includes a variety of units