BTEC Level 2 Technical Diploma in Animal Care
Take your practical skills and knowledge to the next level with this course. You will learn how to maintain animals’ health and wellbeing. You will also learn to prepare feed, and select accommodation that is appropriate for the needs of different animals.
This 1 year BTEC qualification is taught at Temple Newsam home farm in our industry standard facilities. The course will include both practical and theory elements assessed using a variety of methods.
This course is assessed by practical assessments, internally set assignments and externally set tasks.
Who is this course for?
Units / Modules
This course include modules but not limited to:
- Practical animal health
- Introduction to biology and animal health
- Work placement
- Animal welfare
- Animal behaviour assessment and safe handling
- Feeding, accommodation and movement of animals
Benefits / Skills
- Prepare and provide feed and water for animals.
- Select and prepare accommodation tailored to animals’ needs.
- Clean and maintain animal enclosures.
- Safely control and restrain animals minimising risk to you and the animal.
- Academic skills preparing you for further study
Career ProgressionProgression may include a level 3 qualification or relevant employment.
iPet Network Level 3 Award in Canine Emergency First Aid
This Ofqual-regulated qualification will give you everything you need to successfully deal with dogs in need of emergency treatment. Covering the most...More info
BTEC Level 3 National Foundation Diploma in Animal Management
Poultry Keeping for Beginners
If you are interested in keeping poultry at home but lack the knowledge on how to look after them then this is the course for you! ...More info
Course Fee (16-18)
Certified by BTEC
Taught by industry professionals
Includes a variety of units