Beginners and Improvers Crochet
Learn how to crochet with our beginner’s course. The course will teach you all you need to know, including how to hold a hook and yarn. Develop stitches, double crochet, half treble and trebles. Learn how to read patterns and symbols and make granny squares.
- Make small Amigurumi following written instructions and complete with stuffing, eyes and sewing on limbs and ears
- Create 3 samples of Filet Crochet
- Create Granny Square Hexagons using written instructions and symbol charts
- Sample Tunisian Crochet, knit stitch and purl.
- Expand knowledge of and skill in making samples of different crochet techniques
- Basic design skills, writing/drawing your own patterns
Who is this course for?
Benefits / Skills
There are no formal entry requirements for this course but you should have basic English and Maths and be able to follow instructions.
The course is delivered at Deacon House. Introductory material is available. You will be encouraged to bring some of your own resources.
Career ProgressionCraft course, Maths or English |Move onto more challenging projects that include a combination of beginners and advance stitches.
An introduction to the craft making using paper. You will learn card making techniques, decoupage, paper arts and craft and jewellery making technique...More info
Beading and Jewellery Making
During this beginners course you will design and make beaded jewellery selecting beads from our wide selection and learn the technical and design ...More info
Dressmaking – General Sewing Stage 2
Dressmaking for the intermediate and confident person. You will work on a sewing project from start to finish. Ideally you will have taken a sewin...More info