Level 2 Certificate in Awareness of Mental Health Problems
This qualification is designed for any learner that wants to raise their awareness of mental health and the problems that can cause mental health problems. This is a self-directed study programme. The duration of the course is 6-12 weeks.
This qualification aims to:
- increase understanding of the principles of healthy eating and the role of food in maintaining health
- increase confidence in planning and achieving a healthy diet
- provide an understanding of how an individual’s dietary requirements change throughout their life
- provide an understanding of food labelling and the ability to use information from food labels
- provide information on eating disorders
- increase understanding of the role of a healthy diet for weight management
- increase understanding of the principles of food safety in a home environment.
Who is this course for?
Units / Modules
To be awarded the Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Nutrition and Health, learners are required to successfully complete 6 mandatory units:
- Unit 01 Explore principles of healthy eating
- Unit 02 Consider nutritional needs of a variety of individuals
- Unit 03 Use food and nutrition information to plan a healthy diet
- Unit 04 The principles of weight management
- Unit 05 Understanding eating disorders
- Unit 06 Principles of food safety for the home environment
There are no optional units.
Benefits / Skills
This qualification can support progression to employment and progression within employment for the following job roles and workers:
- care assistant or worker personal care assistant support worker (supported living)
- key workers in domiciliary care services
- home care support worker
- healthcare support service worker
- healthcare assistant
- health education/promotion worker
- sport and exercise nutritionist
- exercise/fitness instructor
- hospitality services assistant
- school cook cook/chef.
This qualification supports progression to further learning in the following areas:
Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Professional Cookery Level 2 Certificate in Hospitality and Catering Principles Level 2 Diploma in Exercise, Health and Fitness Instructing Level 2 Diploma in Health and Fitness Level 2 and 3 Certificate in Preparing to Work in Adult Social Care Level 2 and 3 Certificate for Working in the Health Sector Advanced Level Apprenticeship in Professional Cookery Intermediate and Advanced Level Apprenticeship in Catering and Professional Chefs Intermediate and Advanced Level Apprenticeship in Health & Social Care Intermediate and Advanced Level Apprenticeship in Health (Clinical Healthcare Support)
Preparing to Work in Adult Social Care CACHE Certificate Level 2
Advance your career with this specialist programme. You will develop your understanding of safeguarding and protection to ensure the welfare of your p...More info
Access to Health Science Professions Access Foundation Diploma | Level 2
This course is for you if you’re interested in health science professions. It enables learners with few or no formal qualifications to gain the know...More info
Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Autism
This qualification aims to develop learners’ understanding of autism and the principles of supporting individuals with autism....More info
Course Fee (16-18)
The qualification is supported by employers in the Health and Social Care sector.