Award in First Aid for Mental Health
This qualification provides learners with the knowledge to recognise a range
of mental health conditions, how to start a supportive conversation and when and
how to signpost a person to seek appropriate professional help.
will know how to recognise and manage stress and understand the impact of
substance abuse. They will learn about the first aid action plan for mental
health, be able to put it in place and know how to implement a positive mental
health culture in the workplace.
Units / Modules
Delegates will gain the knowledge and understanding of the following:
- What mental health is, why people develop mental health conditions and the role of a First Aider for mental health.
- How to provide advice and practical support for a person presenting a mental health condition.
- How to recognise and manage stress.
- How to recognise a range of mental health conditions.
- The impact of substance abuse on mental health.
- The first aid action plan for mental health and be able to put it in place.
- How to implement a positive mental health culture in the workplace.
The qualification is assessed through a written assessment paper and the practical demonstration of the first aid action plan for mental health. Learners must successfully pass both parts of the assessment to be awarded the qualification.
HABC Level 3 Award in Emergency First Aid at Work
This qualification is aimed at learners who wish to become emergency first-aiders in the workplace. This qualification meets the requirements for ...More info
Award in Supervising First Aid for Mental Health