L3 BTEC Certificate in Applied Science, Year 1
Ready to take the first step towards completing a Level 3 qualification? You’ll be in your element as you study and earn your National Certificate in Applied Science.
Who is this course for?
Units / Modules
Unit 1: Principles and Applications of Science I
Unit 2: Practical Scientific Procedures and Techniques
Benefits / Skills
- Analyse and identify contemporary scientific issues
- Gain knowledge of applications of organic and inorganic chemistry
- Study specialist areas such as diseases, astronomy, genetics and biological modules
- Gain an understanding of the physiology of human body systems
- Conduct practical work in professional laboratories
- Improve your analytical, investigative and critical thinking skills
Career ProgressionYou can progress to a second year of study to achieve your Extended Certificate and overall Level 3 qualification, or start relevant employment.
L3 BTEC Extended Certificate in Applied Science, Year 2
Work towards a career in chemistry with this exciting Applied Science course that upgrades your national certificate to an extended certificate, givin...More info
Level 3 Access to HE Diploma: Science
If are returning to education and hope to study science at degree level, this course is for you. You’ll deepen your understanding of biology and che...More info
Applied Science BTEC NQF Foundation Diploma Year 1, Level 3
Get your knowledge down to a science with this useful course that strengthens your technical and transferable skills. ...More info
Course Fee (16-18)
You can still study this course if your English or maths grades are below 4 - these subjects will be built into your course instead.
By 2024, the science, engineering and production technician sector in Leeds is predicted to grow by 2.3%. (EMSI, 2019)