Animal Management Foundation Diploma BTEC Level 3
Unlock advanced skills and a deeper understanding of animals so you can prepare for a career in animal welfare.
Who is this course for?
Units / Modules
Modules include the following:
- Animal Biology
- Animal Welfare and Ethics
- Praactical Animal husbandry
- Animal Behaviour
- Animal health and diseases
- Exotic Animal Husbandry
Units are subject to change.
Benefits / Skills
- Learners are taught by subject specialists who have worked in various contexts within the animal management sector.
- Access to a wide variety of species, including small mammals and exotics, housed within our purpose-built animal care centre.
- Learners undertake farm practicals at Home Farm within the Temple Newsam estate.
Career ProgressionProgression may include further study on the Animal Management Foundation Diploma, an Access to HE (higher education) programme, or relevant employment.
iPet Network Level 3 Award in Canine Emergency First Aid
This Ofqual-regulated qualification will give you everything you need to successfully deal with dogs in need of emergency treatment. Covering the most...More info
BTEC Level 3 Extended Certificate in Animal Management
This qualification is a one-year full-time course, or studied as part of a two-year, full-time study programme. The extended certificate is a standalo...More info
Animal Care Technical Diploma BTEC Level 2
Develop your practical animal care knowledge further and learn how to prepare feed and select appropriate accommodation for various animals. ...More info
1 year full time
Course Fee (16-18)
Course Fee (Adult)
Equivalent of 1.5 A-levels in year 1, 3 A-levels in year 2
Undertake practicals with a variety of different species
Taught by industry professionals