Animal Management Foundation Diploma BTEC Level 3
Unlock advanced skills and a deeper understanding of animals so you can prepare for a career in animal welfare.
Who is this course for?
Units / Modules
Modules include the following:
- Animal Biology
- Animal Welfare and Ethics
- Praactical Animal husbandry
- Animal Behaviour
- Animal health and diseases
- Exotic Animal Husbandry
Units are subject to change.
Benefits / Skills
- Learners are taught by subject specialists who have worked in various contexts within the animal management sector.
- Access to a wide variety of species, including small mammals and exotics, housed within our purpose-built animal care centre.
- Learners undertake farm practicals at Home Farm within the Temple Newsam estate.
This course is assessed via:
- Externally assessed exams
- Externally assessed synoptic assessments
- Internally assessed module assignments
Career ProgressionProgression may include further study on the Animal Management Foundation Diploma, an Access to HE (higher education) programme, or relevant employment.
iPet Network Level 3 Award in Canine Emergency First Aid
This Ofqual-regulated qualification will give you everything you need to successfully deal with dogs in need of emergency treatment. Covering the ...More info
BTEC Level 3 Extended Certificate in Animal Management
This qualification is a one-year full-time course, or studied as part of a two-year, full-time study programme. The extended certificate is a standalo...More info
Animal Care Technical Diploma BTEC Level 2
Develop your practical animal care knowledge further and learn how to prepare feed and select appropriate accommodation for various animals. ...More info
1 year full time
Course Fee (16-18)
Course Fee (Adult)
Equivalent of 1.5 A-levels in year 1, 3 A-levels in year 2
Undertake practicals with a variety of different species
Taught by industry professionals