Animal Care Technical Diploma BTEC Level 2
Develop your practical animal care knowledge further and learn how to prepare feed and select appropriate accommodation for various animals.
Take your practical skills and knowledge to the next level with this
course. You will learn how to maintain animals’ health and wellbeing. You will
also learn to prepare feed and select accommodation appropriate for the needs of
different animals. This course offers a great way to turn your love of animals
into a rewarding career.
Who is this course for?
Units / Modules
This course include modules but not limited to:
- Practical animal health
- Introduction to biology and animal health
- Work placement
- Animal welfare
- Animal behaviour assessment and safe handling
- Feeding, accommodation and movement of animals
Benefits / Skills
- Prepare and provide feed and water for animals.
- Select and prepare accommodation tailored to animals’ needs.
- Clean and maintain animal enclosures.
- Safely control and restrain animals minimising risk to you and the animal.
- Academic skills preparing you for further study
Career ProgressionProgression may include a level 3 qualification or relevant employment.
Course Fee (16-18)
Certified by BTEC
Taught by industry professionals
Includes a variety of units