ABOUT THE CLUB
The Hunslet boxing club was formed in 1984 and has produced over 30 National Champions. Part of the largest voluntary youth club in Leeds, Hunslet boxers have represented England and GB in international tournaments across the world winning medals at the Europeans, Worlds and Youth Olympics.
- Train at the Boxing Academy Monday and Tuesday 2.30-4.30pm and Wednesday 12.30-3.30pm.
- Caters to all levels of ability from beginners right through to international level.
- Each Boxer will be given an individual learning plan and targets to monitor improvement.
- Basic skills will be taught such as footwork, stance and on guard position, once the basics have been learnt boxers will progress onto the bags and equipment to improve their skills and fitness.
- High level boxers will spar and possibly compete.
In Partnership with Hunslet Club
Darren has boxed in over 130 bouts, he won 2 National titles as a junior and boxed for England as a schoolboy, junior and senior boxer. He took part in a junior Olympics in the USA in the 90s and turned professional under Frank Warren boxing on national TV on many occasions.
In 2018/19 Hope Price became the most successful youth boxer in Great Britain winning a Silver at the Worlds and a gold at the Europeans and Youth Olympics Hope has now turned professional with Eddie Hearn and is currently unbeaten.
Another Hunslet boxer Abby Briggs has enrolled at Leeds City College and will be a student at the boxing academy, Abby is unbeaten in the UK and is a double European schools silver medallist.
“Hunslet Club is a great gym with a great coaching team. Prior to lockdown we had four national champions in the gym who are all involved in the England set-up.”