16-19 Tuition Fund
At our college, we know that no two people are the same and that some need a little more help than others. That’s why we are accessing the 16-19 Tuition Fund. This is a government initiative used to provide small group tuition sessions in English, Maths, and other courses where learning has been disrupted as a result of COVID-19.
Accessing the additional tuition sessions can help you progress with your studies, as you will receive a wide range of support – from pastoral support, to digital skills training and help with exam techniques.
To be eligible for this tuition, you must be aged 16-19 and have not yet achieved a grade 4 or above in either Maths or English. We will prioritise learners who are BAME, SEND, high needs, or have otherwise had their learning impacted.
To apply for the tuition, please fill in this form.
Leeds City College is committed to ensuring that the 16 to 19 tuition fund is used to support the students most disadvantaged by the impact of the pandemic.
What is our pledge?
- producing this statement setting out how the fund will be used to support the most disadvantaged students
- publishing this guidance on the College website
- recording the use of the fund, including references to individual students who receive support, the needs of those students, the number of hours of tuition delivered and retain the evidence of the tuition provided
- deliver the extra tuition and spend the allocated funds in the academic year 2021/22
- notify the Education Skills Funding Agency (ESFA) of any underspend from the Fund for it to be reclaimed