What we do
Work in Schools:
In line with the new government legislation around schools’ requirement to give impartial and unbiased Information, Advice and Guidance to young people, the School Liaison Service offers a wide range of opportunities to support schools with careers and progression advice.
Our activities with students focus on:
- Raising aspirations
- World of work
- Understanding qualifications and further education opportunities
- Employability skills
- Career planning
- Labour market research
- Supporting transition into post-16 education
Activities we deliver include:
- Provide information, advice and guidance events and activities in schools
- Deliver school presentations
- Attend option events and parents’ evenings to discuss course options and progression pathways, welfare and financial questions
- Promote college open days to year 10 and 11 students, parents/ guardians and teaching staff from schools
- Provide application techniques workshops and interview preparation for college
- Arrange educational experiences for school pupils to visit our industry-standard facilities and have a real insight into what college life is like
- Host campus tours for pupils and teachers
- Provide bespoke project work and specific industry led activities with involvement from key partners / employers
- Curriculum focused awareness/engagement sessions
Please see our service level agreement here.
Beat the 2020 Deadline
Please click here to download the pdf version.