At Leeds City College, students facing financial barriers can access a range of support to help them succeed with their studies. With support for meals and travel passes available, don’t let money worries hold you back from your future.
The following financial support is available to eligible students to help with costs associated with studying:
- 16–19 Discretionary Bursary
- 16–18 Priority Fund
- 19+ Discretionary Fund
Student Financial Support Fund
You may be eligible to receive the following support, depending on your individual circumstances:
- Travel passes.
- Meals, including supermarket vouchers whilst on internships and work placements.
- Childcare costs.
- Hardship and emergency funds.
- Advanced Learner Loan students may also receive support with course- related equipment, kit and uniform as well as education visits and residentials.
- Free sanitary products.
- For other students, course- related costs are funded by departments.
Don’t let childcare worries stand in your way. You may be eligible for support with the costs of childcare whilst you study. We have the following financial support for eligible students:
- Childcare costs for under 20s – Care to Learn is a national childcare funding scheme for young parents. To apply follow this link Care to Learn Application.
- 20+ Childcare Fund – If you are aged 20 or over, you can apply for help with childcare costs.
Please look at our guide Finding and Funding Childcare it gives information about finding local childcare providers and more details about applying for help with childcare costs.